Our thoughts go out to the people who have been affected by this unprecedented event and we appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments around the world who are on the front line working to contain this coronavirus.
Please know that we are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation around the clock and have precautions in place. Real Estate is primarily a people business and as such we deal with a range of people across many environments, both in person and remotely and this has prompted us to consider how we can continue to work with all our clients, including our vendors & buyers, our landlords & tenants and all suppliers, trades & service providers in the current environment we are facing.
Should I stay home?
If you are feeling sick or presenting with flu like symptoms, the Health Department recommends you not go to public places. Whilst this also applies to your office, schools & childcare centres and shopping precincts, in the current climate, we would also ask that you don’t attend our offices.
Until further notice our offices will remain open, however, we kindly ask, that you limit any non-essential visits and that you not attend our offices if you have any of the following;
- flu-like symptoms
- runny nose
- shortness of breath
- sore throat.
Our staff can arrange for alternative procedures should there be a need to collect keys, finalise leases or settlements &/or arrange maintenance.
If you have recently returned from overseas, we kindly ask that you make alternative arrangements should you need to come to our offices until 14 days have passed since your return date – regardless of presenting with symptoms.
Why are we taking this approach?
Real Estate is primarily a people business, we come into close contact with each other on a daily basis and to ensure we can do our best to keep the spread of COVID-19 at bay, we are asking everyone, from our own people to our clients and the general public, that you advise us as soon as possible, if you or anyone who you are in close contact with;
- is sick and have any one or a combination of the above symptoms
- has been in contact with anybody who is being tested for, OR has been confirmed positive with COVID-19
- has been tested for, OR has been confirmed positive with COVID-19
- has been overseas in the 14 days prior to our staff OR our tradespeople coming to your home
- becomes sick with any one or a combination of the above symptoms, OR is tested for, OR has been confirmed positive with COVID-19 following a visit to your home by our staff OR our tradespeople
Our first priority is the health and safety of our people and the wider community, which is why we have taken this approach.
We are constantly monitoring the situation and will endeavour to keep everyone up-to-date with information as it comes to hand. Should we feel it necessary to close our offices, we will ensure all staff can work remotely with minimal disruption to the job at hand.
The Greg Hocking group has determined the following;
- cancelling routine inspections in the short term.
- urgent maintenance requests will still need to be submitted to your property manager. We will be taking guidance from the maintenance company engaged as to how this request will be handled.
- cancelling any non-essential face-to-face meetings and if required conduct these via video conferencing or similar program
With open homes & auctions, we have put the following practices into place;
- hand sanitiser, disposable gloves & tissues will be available at all properties being opened – if you have your own supply, we ask that you use it prior to entering any open home
- contact details must be provided to the agent prior to entering the property – if not provided the agents will refuse entry.
- agents will be able to provide live video streaming inspection opportunities for those not wishing to attend open homes.
Should you develop symptoms up to 14 days after attending any of our properties, you must notify the office(s) whose properties you attended.
We offer our apologies in advance for any inconvenience these arrangements may cause, but in these unprecedented circumstances, we believe it is the appropriate course of action to help protect our staff and yourselves from the further spread of the disease.
Public health recommendations
For the latest COVID-19 health alerts, please click on the following links:
- Australian Government – Department of Health
- Victorian Government – Department of Health and Services
- Contact the Australian Government’s Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080
The Victorian Government declared a State of Emergency, effective 12.00pm Monday 16th March. More details on this declaration can be viewed here
Together we can help stop the spread and stay healthy
CEO – Greg Hocking Group